Certified by: ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016, CE
AAMI PB 70:2012 Standard Level 3 SMS Surgical Gown
● Level 1: Minimal risk, to be used, for example, during basic care, standard isolation, cover gown for visitors, or in a standard medical unit
● Level 2: Low risk, to be used, for example, during blood draw, suturing, in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), or a pathology lab
● Level 3: Moderate risk, to be used, for example, during arterial blood draw, inserting an Intravenous (IV) line, in the Emergency Room, or for trauma cases
● Level 4: High risk, to be used, for example, during long, fluid intense procedures, surgery, when pathogen resistance is needed or infectious diseases are suspected (non-airborne)
Critical Zones for Surgical Gowns
● The entire front of the gown (areas A, B, and C) is required to have a barrier performance of at least level 1.
● The critical zone compromises at least areas A and B.
● The back of the surgical gown (area D) may be nonprotective.